- Certification, quality and price are three key factors when selecting an investment diamond
- The shape has a huge impact on the price
- Price setting is done based on price lists like Rapaport and Idex
The three basic rules
Before we dig deeper into what the correct price for diamonds would be, we will start with the three basic rules for buying a diamond.
- Certification: If you invest in diamonds, a diamond with a certificate is a must. Buying a diamond with a certificate is the only way to be sure that the diamond you buy will effectively have be of the quality the seller claims it to have. The GIA, HRD and IGI certificates are the standard for the diamond sector.
- Quality: educate yourself about the 4C’s, so that you can understand what’s on the certificate.
- Price: the best way to determine correct value of a diamond, is by comparing. You can find a bunch of possible ways to compare the price of diamonds online.